A Manchester family had a lucky escape when their garden hot tub is thought to have exploded and burst into flames.
Sharon and Gary Davies who own the semi-detached home in Openshaw were shocked to discover that their children had to flee the house early one morning.
Mum of five, Mrs Davies set out to work early and was called back to her home by distraught daughter Danielle at 7am to say the house was on fire.
The blaze broke out and spread quickly through the garden, kitchen and conservatory which were ravaged by the fire.
A neighbour alerted 23 year old Danielle who managed to get her three younger brothers and 15 month old nephew to safety.
Fire crews had the blaze under control within minutes and have warned that the outdoor heated hot tub could have been the cause.
The Manchester mum was shocked to see the damage which had ripped through her home, telling reporters, "Everything is destroyed. You work so hard and then this happens. At least everyone got out and the kids are all right".
As the fire broke out, the incident occurred during a two hour walk out by fire fighters. Luckily for the Davies family, Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service responded quickly and had adequate cover.
If you have a case and need a litigation lawyer, contact us today for advice on 0845 603 0708 or email email@example.com.
Smethwick Litigation Solicitors